With winter RV camping freezing situations can be a challenge and can cause damage to your RV plumbing. When the pipes freeze, they expand and can burst. At Ryan’s RV Town, we have Winnebago motorhome – RV – travel trailers for sale near Sammamish, and we have some tips for you. These tips should help keep your water safely flowing in the colder months.
- Keep your internal plumbing warm – One way you can do this is to open the cabinet door. This keeps warm air flowing inside where the pipes are. This is especially important if you are away for a long time. Letting your faucet slowly drip is another way to keep the pipes from freezing.
- Use heat tape – Wrapping your freshwater and sewer hoses with heat tape provides a layer of insulation that protects against freezing. You can also put it on connections and valves. Add foam insulation under the tape for even more protection.
- Use a space heater – Use a small space heater to protect water pumps or lines that are not near a heat source. Make sure you follow all safety guidelines.
- Internal freshwater tank works great – Keep this full for your primary use instead of an external source.
- Dump tanks when full – this reduces the risk of freezing, and you can keep waste valves closed when they are not being used.
There is no need to keep your RV for summer travel only. Winter RVing can be a lot of fun. You have some extra precautions you need to consider, and then you can be off on a new adventure. Visit Ryan’s RV Town for Winnebago motorhome – RV – travel trailers for sale near Sammamish. We have a great selection. Contact us at (425) 409-9870.